Loris and Associates is expanding its Transportation and Civil Engineering capabilities. We are searching for an exceptional Drafter/Designer who is proficient in AutoCAD, and really understands design and construction plan content. This is a great opportunity for the right person to join our quality staff with a unique, top-notch, small company.
- Work with engineers to develop designs and construction documents for transportation (trail streetscape and roadway) and site development projects
- Responsible for producing plan and profile, cross sections, intersection, signing & striping, phasing, grading, drainage, right-of-way, and utility CAD drawings.
- Experience preparing plans for street, highway, and trail projects according to local and CDOT standards
- Experience in grading, drainage, and utility design
- High level of proficiency in AutoCAD and LDD or InRoads
- Strong interest in sustainable design and alternative modes of transportation – particularity people powered.
Loris and Associates is looking to hire a bridge engineer on a permanent or contract basis. We are looking for a well-rounded, highly motivated individual to join our team as a bridge engineer for Local Agency projects. The candidate will perform the design of bridges (vehicular & pedestrian), retaining walls, and other structures as either stand-alone projects or in conjunction with roadway and/or trail projects. The individual will also provide project management and design on smaller projects. Design creativity and a strong interest in aesthetics are a must.
- Project Engineer on vehicular and pedestrian bridge projects for complete replacement or rehabilitation
- Full bridge design responsibilities for substructures and superstructures
- Perform bridge inspections and write recommendation reports
- Perform bridge ratings
- Full retaining wall design responsibilities in conjunction with bridge project, or stand-alone project
- Ability and interest to assist with structural design building projects
- Project budgeting, scheduling and client interface
- Write design reports and assist with writing proposals
- Four years minimum progressive experience designing vehicular and pedestrian bridges
- Prestressed, reinforced concrete, steel, and timber structure types
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, ConSpan, RISA 3-D, MS Word, and MS Excel
- Experience designing according to LRFD requirements
- Experience with CDOT design requirements
- Experience with various retaining wall types
- Experience in other structural systems including, but not limited to, drainage facilities and buildings
- Excellent communication skills and client interface abilities
- Capability to receive a Colorado P.E. license in one year
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your resume and cover letter with salary requirements to:
- Medical and dental insurance paid 100% for employees and 50% for dependents. Vision insurance paid 100% for employees
- Fourteen days of paid Personal Time per year up to 5 years employment, 19 days at 10 years
- 401(k) Plan
- Eight paid holidays per year
- Family-friendly environment